Micrex Corporation is the developer and manufacturer of mechanical softening and finishing equipment. Micrex technology is applied worldwide to enhance textiles, non-wovens, papers, films and composites. Micrex also operates as a contract convertor to allow our customers to test the technology. New product development is a key competency of the company.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Engineering / Maintenance Technician
Will have a wide range of duties and responsibilities that are consistent with being the primary engineering resource in a small company (20 employees or less by design). Flexibility, initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision in a hands-on environment are critical to success. A description of the Micrex technology and our company can be found at micrex.com.
We are looking for a generalist who will be involved in non-engineering work at least 50% of the time.
Duties will include:
- Work with core team to research and implement new applications related to Micrex technology.
- Preventive maintenance program for Microcreper systems installed at Micrex including review and update of program criteria.
- Supervise/perform maintenance.
- Upgrade of plant and equipment when required.
- Engineering/design and oversight of the outsource manufacturing of the Micrex/Microcreper. Interact with customers in the design of systems and equipment selection. Selection and supervision of vendors.
- Process and trial work on our lab Micrex/Microcrepers. Interaction with customers visiting for trials.
- Take part in reviewing and implementation of SOP’s and process requirements.
- Engineering support for existing customers.
- Limited travel (one to three weeks per year — US and overseas).
- B.S. in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, or related hard-science fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of work experience with responsibilities relevant to this position.
- Solid troubleshooting and hands-on mechanical skills are a must.
- We are a small company — good interpersonal skills are essential.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral presentation.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office, e-mail, database (MS Access, SQL) and AutoCAD LT
- Basic understanding of Quality Systems – e.g., ISO 9000
- Opto-22, electrical and drive experience a plus.
- Salary: $80,000 plus bonus — and is negotiable for the right candidate. While Micrex is a small company, we offer large company benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, life insurance, etc. Micrex has been consistently profitable and has no long-term debt.
- U.S. Citizen.
If you are interested in learning more about the job, please email resume with cover letter to Micrex at firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Micrex Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap.